all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

1.30.2009

RASPBERRY ESSENCE...


I made this card last weekend based on a design team call sketch for 2sketches4you ~ I don't remember if it was Kazan's or Laura's. Anyway, I thought it was a cute sketch! My good friend Tanja (hi Tanja) seemed pretty excited that I had sent in an application, but I'm being pretty stoic about the whole thing. I just like to stamp, but I figure 'you'll never know unless you put yourself out there'!

Whatever the outcome, I still love to stamp like crazy & fit in as many challenges as I can each week!

This is an old mini set, called Essence of Love, that I wish had made it into to catty. I used Kiwi Kiss, Rose Red, and Cameo Coral, and also Raspberry Tart DSP. It's hard to tell, but the little butterfly was cut out & sits on the card 3-D.
Here's how I did the central image:
  1. I stamped the full leafy vine image in Kiwi Kiss on the speckled cardstock.
  2. I stamped the image a second time in Kiwi Kiss ink onto a scrap of Cameo Coral cardstock.
  3. I then used a blender pen to pick up ink from the Kiwi Kiss classic ink pad & color in the vines & leaves on the stamp. I used SU! markers (Cameo Coral and Rose Red) to color in the stamp's flowers. When it was all inked up I 'huffed & puffed' onto the stamp [to re-moisten the ink] and stamped it a thinrd time onto a scrap of speckled cardstock.
  4. From the multi-colored image, I punched out a circle from around the middle and matched it up & glued it onto the stamped Coral piece.
  5. Then I took a larger punch & punched the Coral piece.

Bye for now~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your site..Ariel I think you have more equipment than I do! smiles..I would love to see what you sell..always looking for equipment to better my skill! Amy5556

Stacey Schafer said...

This is lovely:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails