all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

9.28.2009

AUTUMN SPLENDORific THANKS / 2S4Y #36 & PPA9 & PEC #34...


Well, I found a few more minutes this evening to stamp... the weather here will be cooler this week, so I'm hoping fall is finally on its way!





This card fit the bill for 3 challenges tonight, 2 Sketches 4 You #36, Pals Paper Arts #9 - which is a new one for me, and Pink Elephants Recipe Challenge!

I used a beautiful set from Stampin' Up!'s Holiday Mini Catty, called Autumn Splendor, which will make a nice manly set after fall is no more! On the base of the card I used the Woodgrain background stamp, also manly! I stamped the leaves in Chocolate Chip onto mulberry paper & watercolored the greenish brown background & then used markers to color in the leaves. For the 3-D-ish leaves, I stamped them onto Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango & Always Artichoke, used a little marker on them, cut them out, crumpled them up & stuck them on! Hemp twine (some of it colored with a marker), a mustard button, a big eyelet & 'Give Thanks' (from a hostess set) finish it off!

Thanks for stopping in & have a great day!







11 comments:

Erica said...

Yeah, I am glad you got more time. This card is gorgeous. I love all of the elements to it, especially how you cut around your own made dp. Perfect!

cnelson said...

gorgeous card! love, love, LOVE your take on the sketch!

Unknown said...

This is great - the colours are fab

Annie said...

Fabulous card - love those autumn colours -thanks so much for joining us at the Pink Elephant.
Hope you'll find time to play with us again next week and good luck with the prize draw.

Ann xxx

Margaret Moody said...

Your card is incredible and absolutely GORGEOUS, Arielle! I love it! I love what you did with the leaves! Great color choices for them, too! They really "pop" against the stamped woodgrain background! Button accent is the perfect add-on to tie it all together! Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Excellent job with the PPA Inspiration Challenge!

Mary Fish said...

Stunning use of color and interpretation of the Pals Paper Arts inspiration photo. Excellent job on the sketch, too. Congrats on being a PPA Top Pick. Hugs, Mary

Unknown said...

absolutely beautiful! Love the leaves.
Thanks for playing
:) Kazan

Kristine Reynolds said...

Love the colors and creative way you followed the sketch.

Maria said...

This is so sweet! Love it!

Savitri said...

Just gorgeous!! Love this!

Sheri Gilson said...

Wonderful card!! Love the cut out shapes!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant this week!!

Sheri

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails