all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

2.25.2010

FLYING BIRTHDAY GIRL / MPS #18 & CCC #53...


Isn't this gal a little cutie? Today's card is a first on so many levels...



In my blog hopping, I happened across a super cute digi stamp image by Michelle Perkett, and like I've said so many times, I HAD to have it - lol! Michelle also has a challenge on her blog to make a side step card... so this is my first attempt at it! She linked to a great tutorial on Julie Davison's blog for the side step card. Julie also has a lot of other awesome tutorials - I'll be visiting her again! I also checked out the Copic Color Challenge for the first time... and I happened to have the colors from their challenge this week, so I played along.

This is also my first time making an acetate card... I think I bought a bunch of acetate last year & am now just getting around to using it... I'm such a supply pack rat! The image is from Michelle Perkett, the sentiment is from Papertrey Ink. I printed the image a few times & flipped one copy, so that I could cut out extra clouds to use on the steps... I think it turned out cute! My grandmother's birthday is Sunday... I think she'll love this!

Have a great night!



16 comments:

Michelle said...

Arielle!! This is so gorgeous!! What a beautiful entry and way to go for it being a first for you!! Just lovely! Thank you so much for a wonderful entry to our stair step challenge this week!!:)

Hugs,

Michelle:)

Beth aka BR-T said...

Wow I am astounded by the greatness of your creations! Beth

Mary J said...

What a fabulous card, Arielle! I bought a ton of acetate last year to attempt making them into cards and still haven't done it! You've inspired me to go and use it up! Thx ;)

Pattie G said...

Arielle, what a lovely creation! I think the way you used acetate is so creative. Thanks for joining us this week at Michelle perkett Studio Challenge.

hugs
Pattie

Marilyn Webb said...

Beautiful card Arielle, would never have thought to use acetate, way to go, have to give it a try!!

Lynne Armstrong said...

What a fantastic idea Arielle! The acetate looks great...lovely card.

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, what a great job. I love your card. TFS.

Beverly G said...

I already knew you were talented, but here you go again, proving it, I left you a little something on my blog, if you don't want to pass it on that's o.k., just a little appreciation from me to you.

Jean said...

Wow!!! Arielle..... this is so cute and what a great idea to use the acetate....just beautiful
Thanks for joining us this week
Hugs Jean

Jenn in GA said...

i had to read the description before realizing what this card's layout was, and when you said it was acetate, i was amazed! this is WAY cool!

thanks for stoppin' by my blog!

Tammy said...

WOW...this is so awesome!! I would have never thought to use acetate and it looks so cool!! Thanks for joining us this week!!!

Nancy said...

This is just awesome, Arielle:O) Love the colour combo, and your colouring of the cute birthday girl is brilliant. Love that you used acetate, what a great idea:O) Thank you for inspiration:O)
Glad you joined us at Michelle Perkett Studio, good luck!
Hugs, Nancy;O)

Julie Leblanc said...

Nothing to do with this card but I thought you might like to know...
http://kewlstamps-n-morechallenges.blogspot.com/2010/03/im-starting-to-forget-stuff.html
:-)

Michelle said...

Hi Arielle!! Congratulations on winning our Side Step Challenge!!:) Your entry is lovely!! Thank you!! Please email me when you can, you have a $10 shopping spree for my Etsy shop!!

Hugs,

Michelle:)

grandmalee said...

Congrats Arielle! This card is so unique! Love the acetate...I've got to find mine & try something too! I love your awesome coloring & those colors are sooooo perfect!

Pennings Gardens said...

Wow this card is out of this worl!! this is creativity at it's best!! Great job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails