all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

3.18.2010

EYELET FLOWERS FOR MOM / PDCC #21 & 2S4Y #48...


As you can tell, I long for spring - which officially begins this Saturday...YAY!




When I saw the oh-so-delicious colors posted at the Play Date Cafe yesterday, I was super excited! I've been wanting to make some of these eyelet punch flowers since I saw them on someone's blog (was it yours? I know I left you a comment about them - thanks so much for turning me on to them!) and I fell in love! Just PERFECT for this challenge! I googled & found this awesome tutorial by Julie Davison. Unbelievably, I found my paper crimper & these flowers were easy as pie!

I used Kazan's sketch, from 2 Sketches 4 You. I made the yellow "brackets" by die cutting (nesties Label 1) both the solid yellow & the patterend yellow papers. I cut the solid yellow in half & glued it to the back of the patterned paper, letting it form a border on each side, & then I snipped off the points sticking out of the top & bottom. The center buttons were made by adhering a pink pearl brad to the top of each.

Thanks so much for stopping by!



14 comments:

Unknown said...

This is fabulous, Arielle!! The eyelet flowers are wonderful! Thanks for playing with the PDCC!

Sue Lelli said...

WOW! Those flowers are FAB! Maybe tomorrow I will check out the tutorial and play around! Great card!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! These colors together are fantastic! Love the flowers too!

cnelson said...

Gorgeous card!! LOVE everything about it!!!

Shauna said...

Those flowers are darling, as is that sweet little flower button. Love the card!

Stacey Schafer said...

adorable!

Trish D said...

What a great card - elegant yet fun. Those flowers are great!!

Unknown said...

wow how cute is this! I love the flowers AND of course the clever way you used the Nesties! Way to go :)

Julie Ranae said...

Always, ALWAYS a pleasure to visit you Arielle...this is a fabulous entry for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge. LoVe it : )

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous flowers! What a fantastic card! Thanks for playing in the PDCC challenge!

Alanna said...

I love this. Those flowers look amazing and like something I need to try. TFS

Ruby said...

Wow!!! I LOVE your card, it's stunning. The flowers you've done are gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us over at the Play Date Cafe this week. Hope you join in next week too :o)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW oh WOW! I love it- I love everything about this card:) Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!

Sarah Anderson said...

those flowers are STuNNiNG!!
thanks so much for playing regularly at the PDCC :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails