all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

5.13.2010

HAPPY LEAF~y THANKSGIVING / S411-SSC #150 & EBKCC #21...


In my defense, I figure if LeAnne can make Christmas cards then I can make Thanksgiving cards.... so there!
I'm popping this card back in now that it was published - it made the cover of Cards magazine!






Alex watches a show every morning while I feed Maisie called Pinky Dinky Do, who loves to make up stories. Everyday Pinky will hear or see something that "gives her a BIG idea" and her little brother asks, "Pinky, are you gonna make up a story?" ~ and you know she always does!

I always wait until the last minute to play along with Julie's Easy Breezy Kewl Color Challenge... shame on me, but when I saw it yesterday it reminded me of fall. I had also just used [& obviously fell in love with] the 411 sketch, and between the 2, they gave ME a big idea...

A while back I made this card, with a similar technique, which I really liked. Not to mention it was easy & quick, which I REALLY liked! I'm sorta addicted to embossing folders...can you tell? They're just so cool! I used a die from Papertrey Ink (new realease party tomorrow night - woohoo!) it's the smallest leaf die from the Delightful Dahlia Die Collection. The brads are from Making Memories. All the papers are from Stampin' Up!, as well as the ribbon and the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes. The tag is also SU!, from the Lots of Tags dies.

Bye for now!



PS - If you have the time, I CHALLNGE YOU to go play along with Julie's challenge, you have until tomorrow night!!! If you do play, come back here & leave me a comment letting me know you played & I'll send you a little treat!

9 comments:

Julie Leblanc said...

Arielle, what a fun card. Did you use a punch for the leaves? I love it. Thanks for playing with ME, lol! at easy breezy Kewl Colour challenge.

Irena said...

Beautiful simple card, I like the colors :)

LeAnne said...

And what a beautifully-done Thanksgiving card it is!!! :D

Kathy Martin said...

AWESOME! Love the leaf cut outs the embossing and pretty fall colors! Great card! :)

Alanna said...

This is gorgeous. As soon as I saw your card, I immediately thought that you used that Dahlia leaf die to cut out the leaves. Love it.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a clever creation!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Love your card!!

I love embossing folders too. They add so much to projects and it's so quick and easy to do!

Michelle-Jersey Girl said...

This card is adorable...as always. That argyle embossing is wonderful everytime you use it!

Julie Leblanc said...

Hey Arielle, thanks for the shout out... Your it :-)

If you have a minute, re-send me your snail mail address and I'll send you the card. Can't remember were I saved you address last time. All I can say is that it is in a safe place somewhere on my computer, lol!

The next one is up... thanks again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails