all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

6.10.2010

WONDERFUL YOU / ACT #33 & FTL #93...


SUPER YAY! I got to do Stacey's challenge this morning - I really HATE missing out on her challenges like I have the last 2 weeks...



I combined her Act #33 color challenge with the gorgeously simple Fall-to Layout #93.... thus the DOUBLE YAY!

I trimmed/mounted this retired Stampin' Up! set just for this card - lol! It's called Wonderful You. You know I just HAD to have it, and I'm ashamed to admit I still had not used it after what, 2 years? One thing about waiting to mount your sets - DON'T WAIT! The longer you wait the harder it is to take the paper backing off the adhesive on the rubber, what a nightmare!

I used the Cuttlebug EF, Moroccan Screen for the bottom half of the card - I just slipped the bottom into the EF after I'd stamped. Super easy. I added a little bling to the flower centers & buttons as well. A 10 minute card - DONE!

I cannot tell you how much stamping, even a little, changes my whole outlook on life! I'm a much happier stamper this week! And we all know that when Mommy's happy, everyone's happy!

Have a terrific Thursday & thanks for popping in!

10 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

Totally gorgeous, Arielle! So glad you were able to mount and ink up one of my all-time fav stamp sets...couldn't believe SU retired it! The colors totally work with this set and fab sketch...you knocked it out of the park, my friend! Thanks for playing along at the Curtain Call!

Irena said...

Adorable card, lovely colors :)

Mary J said...

Beeerilliant! Great use of both challenges!

Two Happy Stampers said...

Just lovely! The buttons are a great embellishment. =)

Marisa said...

Gorgeous use of this week's Curtain Call colours. Nicely paired with the sketch too! Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call this week :D

Anita Rex said...

It's true when mommy is happy everyone is happy! Funny that you didn't mount this set! :> Love this card, such great colors too!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Fabulous card and colors. happy Friday!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty! Love the colors and flower image! :o)

Linda said...

Very pretty! I love the colors.

Rosemary said...

An absolutely beautiful card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails