all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

1.18.2011

[poppies &] BUTTERFLIES / CQC #68, Mojo #174 & TSG #90...


Happy Tuesday! My first card for you today is for the new colourQ Challenge that starts today - YAY!!! I thought these colors looked so great together...



I used the latest Mojo sketch as inspiration, and made it a point to play along with There She Goes to wet emboss, since I've been neglecting them! I need to make more time for the challenges/companies I love & they are one of them! Heck, I must love them because I was scrounging around at 12am looking for my stinkin' heat gun that I haven't used in forever - lol! And you know I wouldn't do that for just anyone!

I clear embossed the butterflies from the set Poppies, by There She Goes, and then dabbed Poppy Parade and Cherry Cobbler ink all over it. You can't tell from the pic, but after I dry embossed the top panel, I dabbed some white pigment ink on the raised parts, sprinkled those with clear emboss & wet embossed it a little, too. On the bottom, I used the Papertrey Eyelet Lace border die & cut felt for the trim & them added pearls.

The felt, by the way, was some I bought on Etsy, from giantdwarf. OMGosh - I love it! It die cuts with all my thin metal dies PERFECTLY! So this is a warning - you may see me go through a "felt" phase for the next few weeks (remember my "eyelet border punch flower" phase? This could be worse...



Have an awesome day!

3 comments:

Christina said...

Wow, Arielle, this totally rocks! I love the line of red stitching and the distressed look on the top panel. You should enter this over at the CARDS blog too, they are asking for butterflies this week!

Dori Shelton said...

This is just beautiful! I love the distressing at the top. the colors in the card are just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing

LeAnne said...

N-I-C-E!!!! Love it. Especially the FELT!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails