all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

5.04.2013

QUOTEable...




Day 4, Saturday: Favorite quote (from a person, from a book, etc) and why you love it

This was a really hard prompt for me, I thought about this all day... just "one" quote? There are so many I love... but here is the one I chose:


“To the world you may be one person; but to one person you may be the world.” 

― Dr. Seuss

The world has become such a busy place. Too busy it seems to notice people around us and the needs they might have, much less even smile at people around us. When I smile at a stranger sometimes I wonder if anyone has smiled at them that day, and will anyone after me? One thing I love about the small town I live in is just being able to smile or make small talk with people without fear of people looking at you like you're a freak, or not "hip" to be nice and down to earth.  As much as technology is supposed to "connect" us, I think in a way it drives us farther away from our own communities. There are so many lonely people out there! 

So smile! Smile at everyone you see - so what if they think you're a loon... to one person you may smile at, you may be the only connection to humanity they have in a whole day. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails