all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

2.10.2014

DIY Valentine Nugget Purse Tutorial / for Deena Rutter...


Hello! I'm here with a cute little Valentine's Day project I made for Deena Rutter's blog - Chocolate Nugget Purses! You may have seen these around Pinterest, and not only are they adorable - they are E-A-S-Y to make! You probably have everything you need, except for the nuggets... I bought a whole bag for this project and by the time I made it, these were the only 3 left!

Supplies:

Step 1 - Set up your page. You will need 3 strips for each purse with the following measurements as well as any extra little embellishments. I used the heart and tag from the A Kind Word kit.
  • 1 1/2 x 4 inch inner band for the purse
  • 1 1/8 x 4 inch outer band for the purse
  • 1 x 3 inch band for the nugget
Step 2 - Trim them out. If you use guides and set these up in line, they are pretty quick to trim out with a paper trimmer.


Step 3 - If you mixed your patterns, go ahead and lay them all out and organize them

Step 4 - Adhere the outer bands to the top of the inner bands. Wrap the shortest bands around the nuggets and adhere.


Step 5 - Take the purse bands and score them all at the following lengths and then fold.

  • 1 inch
  • 2 1/8 inches
  • 3 1/8 inches
  • 3 3/8 inches

Step 6 - Apply a small amount of adhesive the the second section where the nugget will sit.

Step 7 - Cut your ribbon 4 inches in length. Apply adhesive to the inside 1/4 inch strip on the band and adhere the ribbon.

(In the pics below, you can see that I used a scallop border punch on the part that folds over to make the top of the purse. It just gives a nice finished look to your project! But it is optional.)


Step 8 - Fold the purse up and adhere the flap. Then add your embellishments!


And that's it! Almost too cute to eat, huh? Nah - of course not! If you get a chance to make some of these, I would LOVE to see them! Just leave a link in the comments. Happy Valentine's Day!

Love and hugs,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So so cute, I would love to get one of these sweeties!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails