all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

4.21.2014

Pineapple Chicken Salad



Hello! I hope you had a wonderful Easter! After all the indulging lately, I felt like making something quick & light, so of course I reached for a couple cans of chicken. Yes, cans. I pick up 2 large cans of chicken breast and tuna every time I go to the grocery. I do LOVE chicken salad made from fresh chicken, but let's face it - sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day!

Anyway, I was looking around for something different than the AWESOME~est Chicken Salad that I usually make. I found this recipe on MyRcipes.com and made a few changes.

Pineapple Chicken Salad

2 - 12.5 oz cans of chunk chicken in water
2/3 of a 15 oz can of crushed pineapple, drained
1 small grated carrot
1/3 cup sliced almonds
3 or 4 green scallions finely sliced
1/3 cup mayonnaise ( I use Hellman's Olive Oil Mayo)
1/3 cup greek yogurt
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
1 or 2 tsp McCormick Steakhouse Seasoning Grinder (or regular pepper)
1 tsp McCormick Sea Salt Grinder (or regular salt)

Drain chicken, and mash it with a fork to shred it up. Add the pineapple, carrot, almonds & scallions and mix. Whisk the mayo, yogurt, worcestershire and spices, then mix it into the chicken mixture. Chill and serve.

Servings: 8
Per serving: Calories - 196, Carbs - 10g,  Fat - 9g, Protein - 22g, Sodium - 806g, Sugar - 6g

The grated carrots make the chicken salad look "tropical" - LOL! Actually my tiny shreds made it look like salmon salad, a light orangy-pink color. Use larger shreds if you have an aversion to gaudy cuisine!

Let me know if you make it (and like it)!

Have an awesome day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails