all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

5.29.2014

Curry Chicken Salad with Pears, Pecans and Raisins


Let the summer lunches begin! Alex A-L-W-A-Y-S wants a sandwich. Maisie usually wants peanut butter and marshmallow fluff. But today my little sweetie was clamoring for chicken salad. The last one I made was my regular Awesome-est Chicken Salad, so I decided to mix it up this time and make one with curry. Alex and I loved it - Maisie ate half... I think she was just sleepy!

Curry Chicken Salad with Pears, Pecans and Raisins

Ingredients:
2 - 10oz cans - Valley Fresh Organic Canned Chicken Breast In Water, drained
1/3 cup - Pears, diced small
1/4 cup - Green Onion, finely chopped
3 tablespoons - Pecans, chopped
3 tablespoons - Raisins
3 teaspoons - Curry powder
1/2 teaspoon - Salt
1/2 teaspoon - Black
2/3 cup - Kraft Mayo With Olive Oil Reduced Fat

Mix it all up! I started with a 1/2 cup of mayo and then added more, since the kids like it a little creamier. We also like green onions around here, so reduce that amount if you want.

This chicken salad is great served in a pita! If you make it, enjoy! And let me know what you think!

Lots of love,

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Sound yummy I love chicken salad!

Pat K said...

My new favourite chicken salad Arielle. That brand of canned chicken is not available where I live so I poached chicken breasts and used them instead....so glad I did....it is so yummy. Thank you so much for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails